"Unseen Lines" text detail (c) Dianne Bowen
Drawing is like taking a line out for a dance, sometimes it's a heavy metal slam dance, sometimes it's as structured as a waltz, and sometimes it's a virgina reel and I'm just switching hands and partners, pencil, paint, paper, film...

An artist's journey making sense of the world through art, language and conversation.




Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Nomad

SOLD
Studio photograph, Framed and ready for delivery. Didn't have that much time to sit with this and contemplate but long enough I get let it go.

 Photo: Framed & ready

Last week I wandered around Chelsea to catch a few shows I had missed the openings. I thought I'd beat the heat while I had the chance so an early walk about was perfect and inspiring.  Recently I'd taken to a little early morning walk in Tompkins Square Park where I can sit quietly with nature and just simply walk, write or think alone.  A gift in a city of non stop chaos on many days. On the walk back to my studio an empty store window caught my eye. Panels of glass seemed kicked in cracking the glass with white spray paint graff text over it. This combination was incredibly intriguing to me so I whipped out my cell and snapped a few shots close up and changing sections of the lines from the text in an abstract composition. These are perfect to include in my on going series "foundlings" which I'd been working on for several years. They are impromptu, random, encounters with what I term "found drawings". Using photography to capture these combines photography and drawing in both medium and concept I think arguably I'm sure.


Photo: Foundlings, Found drawings, a Ave A
"Foundling" Ave A, East Village NY, July, 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment